STAND BY for schedules and information about the upcoming 2021-2022 ski season Adult Lessons. For the first time, we will have a limited amount of rental skis and gear for adults this winter. The Mat-Su Ski Club will offer adult ski lessons for beginner and intermediate level skiers in both classic (diagonal stride) and skate skiing techniques at Government Peak Recreation Area. Sessions may be moved to Archangel Rd. or another venue if weather demands.
Free Ski101 clinics for people who have never skied are available – see the Ski101 tab.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are limiting class size to three skiers. You must register for a class to attend. Because class size is limited we ask that you sign up for no more than five classic and five skate ski classes (10 total classes), so that more people can participate.
If you have questions about adult ski lessons, please contact email@example.com.
Adult Cross-Country Ski Lessons
Skiing Level Descriptions
BEGINNER SKIERS: If you have been on Nordic skis, but are not entirely comfortable and need instruction on basic techniques, please select from the following options for classic (diagonal stride) and skate skiing classes. You may register for up to five classes in each technique and will be charged $15 for each class.
INTERMEDIATE SKIERS: If you are an experienced skier, comfortable on skis but don’t consider yourself an advanced skier, and would like to improve your skiing skills, please select from the following options for classic (diagonal stride) and skate skiing classes. You may register for up to five classes in each technique and will be charged $15 for each class.
Ski101 - first-time skiers read this
Covid Safety Requirements: Please Read and Agree Below
- Not attend a class if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (loss of smell, chest congestion, fever, headache or body aches, coughing, sore throat, nausea or diarrhea).
- Not attend a class if in the previous 10 days you have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, and you had no symptoms after the contact.
- If you have a positive test for COVID-19, please do not attend a class until 14 days after your test, and you do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within two days after attending a class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can alert others in the class to possible exposure.
- During classes, please maintain a separation of 6’ or more from others not of your household.
- Please wear a face covering when 6’ separation is not possible.
- I understand that classes may be postponed or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Mat-Su Ski Club will issue refunds for any unused sessions in the event of cancellations related to COVID-19
Select options, then check COVID agreement checkbox, then click “Add to Cart” for each lesson you want.